Sunday, August 16, 2009

so, Terrance is out of town. I'm not (nor have I ever been) the type of girl who needs a man. I even like being by myself sometimes, even now. Having 100% control of the remote, with no eye rolls or sighs because I want to watch something trashy, is really fun. All that being said, I miss him. Usually, when we're apart, I'm the one that has gone somewhere. I'm never the one left behind. I don't like it. It certainly wasn't for lack of things to do - I went out Friday with friends and could have gone out Saturday (if I hadn't gone on a crazy cleaning spree). It's Sunday night that you really realize how much you like having someone here. And I really miss my certain someone. Sundays are very routine for us. Terrance works until about 2. I clean and go shopping. He comes home, I make a big dinner, we watch a movie or some VH1 reality show and then go to bed. I love it. I guess it just hit me, as the reality shows are starting to air, how much I enjoy our silly traditions and the patterns we've fallen into. I know some people might read this and think how sad my life is, that I'm stuck in a rut, that things really do change when you move to the suburbs. The thing is, when you've found the person who makes you want to sit at home rather than go out and do anything else, it never feels like a rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment