Tuesday, August 11, 2009

getting buff

I love this quote:

“Abs are for people with no friends. I don’t do the ab thing. I’ve even had them once, actually, for a film, and they were always covered up. I just said to myself, ‘Well, I’ll just never do that again.’ That was a waste of time. There’s so much more to enjoy in life.” -- Eric Bana, on why he doesn't stress out too much about working out for a role (Access Hollywood)

I am 100% PRO exercising and eating right for health reasons. Too often we get caught up in the vanity of it all. I include myself in this (no matter what I preach to people). I feel like I've spent my whole life on a diet. And to be quite honest, I'm exhausted. At least now I get that I wouldn't be better if I was a size 6. I think life would be easier, given the constraints put on women in society based on their appearance, but it wouldn't make me a better person. If my legs are big because it means I can run, or I don't have perfect abs (lets be honest, with me it's any form of recognizable abdominal muscles that can be seen without the use of some sort of fancy medical imaging equipment) because I let myself indulge in an extra beer with friends or have a cookie, it really was OK. I'm never going to fit into the skinny sterotype. And finally, to my surprise, I find that there are more days that I don't care than there are days that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment